When your blood sugar level is between higher than normal and lower than type 2 diabetes levels, then you are in the prediabetes stage, and like many others, may be unaware of your situation. If left undetected and untreated, prediabetes can lead to type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease.
People at Risk:
- Aged 45 years old or more
- Physically active less than three times a week
- Had gestational diabetes during pregnancy
- Have family members with type 2 diabetes
- Diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome